Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has announced the vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer. This Article will give you the entire idea for filling the online form and overall exam details.
Post: Jr. Telecom Officer
Number of Posts Vacant: 2510
Applying mode of Application: Online
Job Under: PAN INDIA
Eligibility Criteria: Candidate should have Engineering Degree (Telecom / Electronics / Radio / Computer / Electrical / Information Technology / Instrumentation Engineering) / M.Sc. (Electronics / Computer Science) from recognized university / Institutions with best academic records.
Candidate shall not be below 18 years and not exceed 30 years as on the last date of receipt of Online applications from the candidates (i.e.as on 31st January, 2017). However, the upper age limit relaxation is as per the standing instructions of Government of India for the following categories:-
i. Upto five (5) years for SC/ST candidates
ii. Upto three (3) years for OBC candidates
iii. Upto fifteen (15) years for SC/ST-PWD candidates
iv. Upto thirteen(13) years for OBC-PWD candidates
v. Upto ten (10) years for OC-PWD candidates
vi. Upto five (5) years for BSNL employees
vii. Ex-Servicemen will get the benefit of age relaxation as per Central Govt. Rules.
viii. For residents of J & K, relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP & T’s notification No. 15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dated 07-12-2007, pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu & Kashmir (Relaxation of upper age limit for recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules-1997”.
- First of all, the interested candidates having qualification BE/BTech. or equivalent in Telecom/Electronics/Radio/Computer/Electrical/Information Technology/Instrumentation Engineering or M.Sc. (Electronics)/M.Sc.(Computer Science) and have appeared in GATE exam 2017, opting one paper from selected four disciplines of GATE paper codes i.e. CS / EC/ EE / IN (details vide www.gate.iitr.ernet.in).
- Secondly, the interested candidates shall have to register themselves further with VALID GATE Registration ID (13 digits) with GATE Paper Code CS/ EC/ EE / IN through www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in.
- During the registration with BSNL, candidates shall have to choose a particular Circle, where he/she would serve in case of appointment in BSNL. Page 3 of 6
- Accordingly, on declaration of GATE-2017 result, a Circle wise merit list shall be prepared by BSNL on the basis of GATE- 2017 score/marks obtained by the registered candidates & available vacancies thereof in the respective Circles. The cutoff of the merit list for appointment will be decided by the company.
- BSNL shall not conduct any further Examination/interview etc. for the selection of the candidates for the recruitment of Direct JTO(T) in BSNL.
- The appearance of the name in BSNL’s merit-list does/will not confer any right on the candidate for employment. A final call/appointment letter will be issued to the candidate after completion of all other formalities.
- BSNL reserves the right to change the number of vacancies of JTO(T) (Junior Telecom Officer Telecom) as per Circle’s requirement
- Application Form Starts: 06-03-2017
- Application Form Ends:06-04-2017
- General / OBC: Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST: Rs. 300/-
The JTO(T) (Junior Telecom Officer Telecom) be appointed in the IDA pay scale Executive [E-1] of `16,400 – `40,500/- with annual increment @ 3% of basic pay plus IDA, HRA, Perks, Medical Benefits, etc. admissible as per BSNL Company rules.