Preparation strategy for NICL AO Mains Exam 2017: National Insurance Corporation Limited (NICL) had released notification for the recruitment of 205 Administrative Officers Scale-1 posts in 2017 session. The prelims of the NICL AO Exam 2017 has finished and the successful candidates are preparing for the second round of the examination to be held on 2nd July. The competition in this round while would be lesser in the numerical norms, the standard of competing aspirants would obviously enhance when compared to the prelims. Thus the serious aspirants are required to be prepared to work harder and smarter to get past this level and get one step closer to a wonderful career.
The examination pattern of the second round is divided widely into two subheads; Objective and Subjective. The objective portion will have certain other divisions as well. Let us take a look at the differentiation of the objective paper in the mains exam.
|S.No.||Name of Test||Type of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning||Objective||40||40||120 minutes (2 hours)|
Immediately after the completion of the objective paper, a descriptive paper also requires to be attempted by the candidates. The paper would be of English language and the aspirant would be required to record the answers using the keyboard. It would include essay writing, précis writing and comprehension. This section would be of 30 marks and would be required to be finished within 30 minutes. Thus, the total marks available in the mains round are 230 and the total exam duration would be 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Now, let us look at the section wise Preparation strategy for NICL AO Mains Exam 2017:
Quantitative Aptitude: Watch for Study Materials
- Simplification and Approximation are two topics that can fetch easy and yet crucial marks in the paper. Therefore, the aspirants are advised to strengthen these topics in particular. It would require practice as well as recollection of the major squares, cubes etc., if one hopes to get past this section the examination with ease.
- Percentages and ratio & proportion are two topics that come in handy while solving all the problems in the arithmetic domain. This topics need to be prepared with dedication. The strategy here should be to get to know all the most asked types of problems. The knowledge of the type of problem solves half the problem in these particular topics as you already know the approach to it.
- Profit & loss and average have been featuring regularly in the exams conducted by NICL and therefore it is important that the candidates look into the previously asked questions from these topics. These topics are more or less calculation based and do not require extensive training in terms of tricks or formulae.
- Other important topics include mensuration, inequality, time-distance, permutation & combination, data sufficiency and mixture-allegation. These topics are usually the derivative of the previously mentioned topics like ration & proportions. So, the strategy for preparation for these can be intensive problem practicing.
Reasoning Ability: Watch for Study Materials
- Syllogism is one single topic that if mastered properly has the ability of fetching as many as 5 marks within 3 to 4 minutes. The aspirants are advised to learn the conventional as well as reversed syllogism question patterns to avoid any surprises in the paper.
- Puzzles form the major part of the paper. Close to 40 % of the paper is devised out of this topic. Thus, the aspirants are suggested to go through the puzzle variants like seating arrangements, stacking, multiple entry puzzles etc. to make sure that the questions asked in the examination are well within comfort zone.
- Coding-decoding has been featuring the previous papers in the capacity of around 5 marks. These questions can be solved easily once the pattern is identified. Thus, the aspirants should look into the types like numerical coding, verbal fragment coding etc to master this particular topic.
- Blood relations, direction and order are generally moderate level in this paper and therefore the aspirants need to be in touch of these topics as well.
English Language: Watch for Study Materials
- Reading Comprehension can be mastered only through intensive reading. This would improve the ability of the aspirants to read and gist of the content with speed and accuracy. These are the two attributes that could make the difference in the paper.
- Vocabulary needs to be gradually made through newspaper and book reading. There is no definite plan for it; as much you read, better you get at it.
- Error spotting and para completion will require a strong understanding of the grammatical principles. The aspirants should keep in touch with the rules in order to score well here.
General awareness: Watch for Study Materials
- Current affairs of the last 6 months, with special reference to banking and insurance news need to be prepared. Taking the help of an information capsule would be really helpful while preparation.
- Static GK portion would generally feature questions about currencies, capitals, national parks, international organization headquarters, recent awards etc.
- The terminology and the basic knowledge of the insurance business would come in handy while attempting the paper.
Computer Knowledge: Watch for Study Materials
- This section will feature questions about basic computer terminology and would even extend to certain topics like DBMS and MS-Office.
- Computer generations, peripherals, operating systems etc feature prominently in the paper.
- The questions about computer networking and important abbreviations should be prepared from a credible info capsule.
All the aspirants who have cleared the prelims are obviously worthy, thus practice and alignment to a strategy are the keys to success here. One needs to keep practicing in order to reach an optimal balance between speed and accuracy before the examination day. Mock tests are particularly very important when it comes of testing your preparation and improvising the strategies accordingly.
It’s less than a month in the examination, so just gear up and aim for the goal.
You can attempt free mock test for NICL AO Mains exam here.
You can download gradeup, bank exam preparation app here!
Above post suggests Preparation strategy for NICL AO Mains Exam 2017, All the best.
All the best for your exams..