SBI PO 2018 Notification for Complete Exam Details:
SBI PO 2018 Exam Dates:
State Bank of India released the official Notification for SBI PO 2018 on 21st April 2018. The Exam dates for the same has been declared after the notification was released. Candidates are requested to visit the page regularly to remain updated about any further change.
|1||On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||21st April 2018 to 13th May 2018|
|2||Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||21st April 2018 to 13th May 2018|
|3||Download of call letters for online Preliminary Examination||18th June Onwards|
|4||Conduct of Online Examination – Preliminary||1st, 7th & 8th July 2018|
|5||The result of the Online exam – Preliminary||15th July 2018|
|6||Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam||20th July 2018|
|7||Conduct of Online Examination – Main||4th August 2018|
|8||The result of Online Examination – Main||20th August 2018|
|9||Download Call Letter for Personal Interview||1st September 2018|
|10||Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||24th September 2018 to 12th October 2018|
|11||Declaration of Final Result||1st November 2018|
SBI PO Vacancy 2018:
The State Bank of India declared a total vacancy of 2000 posts for SBI PO 2018. Candidates can now prepare effectively for the upcoming SBI PO 2018 Exam as the number of vacancies is less compared to last year.
SBI PO Exam Pattern:
The SBI PO selection process consists of 3 stages. The written examinations are conducted online, followed by an interview round. The structure of exams is as follows:
Phase-1: SBI PO Preliminary Examination:
This is an online examination where the candidates must solve the question paper in one 1 hour for 100 marks. The test consists of 3 sections. Candidates must know that the sectional cut-off in the Preliminary Exam has been removed and the overall score of all the sections will be considered for selection to the next round.. The cut-off or minimum passing marks for each section is decided by the Bank each year depending on the difficulty of the test. The section-wise division of the marks is given below:
|S.No.||Name of Tests(Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
SBI PO 2018 Syllabus:
While SBI issues only the broad subjects, they can be further subdivided into individual topics, based on the questions that have appeared in the exams over the past few years.
SBI PO Pre Exam Syllabus:
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability|
|Reading Comprehension||Number Series||Puzzle and Arrangements|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding – Decoding|
|Sentence Improvement||Miscellaneous||Blood Relations|
|Fill in the Blanks||Direction Sense|
|Order and Ranking|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2018:
The candidate must fulfill the following two criteria to be eligible for the SBI PO Exam 2018:
- Age Limit: The candidate must be 21 Years to 30 Years as on 01.04.2018 i.e. candidates must have been born between 02.04.1988 and 01.04.1997 (both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for an interview, they must produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2018. Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018. Candidates with Chartered Accountant certification may also apply.
SBI PO Selection Procedure: Important Points:
The candidates should keep in mind the following points related to the SBI PO selection process:
- Biometric Verification: To ensure an error-free and secure selection procedure for SBI PO 2018, the bank may digitally capture the thumb impression of the candidate. This is done to verify the genuineness of the candidates. Any inconsistency in the biometric verification will lead to rejection of the candidature and punitive legal actions. Candidates are thus advised not to apply any kind of external matter like ink, Mehandi, chemical etc. on their hands.
- Number of Attempts: The maximum number of chances are fixed for each category. Candidates who have used up all the chances are not eligible to apply. Appearing in Preliminary Exam is not counted as an attempt but appearing in Mains Exam is counted.
|Category||Number of Chances|
SBI PO 2017 Admit Card & Call Letter:
Candidates must download the SBI PO 2018 admit card from the official website of the bank as the hard copy of the SBI PO Admit Card will not be sent to the candidate via post. To log in to the official website, the candidates will require the following:
- Registration No/Roll No
- Date of Birth/ Password
The admit card or call letter for SBI PO 2017 will be issued in 3 phases:
- Online Preliminary Examination
- Online Mains Examination
- Group Exercise and Interview
SBI PO 2018 Results:
All results pertaining to SBI PO 2018 will be made available on the official website of State bank of India, the governing body for the SBI PO exam.
SBI PO Pre Result:
State Bank of India (SBI) has declared the SBI PO prelims examination result from 2017 on 16th May.
SBI PO Mains Result:
The result of the Mains Exam result has been released on 3rd July 2017. Candidates are requested to keep checking the website for further information.
SBI PO Final Result:
The Final result of SBI PO 2017 Exam has been declared by SBI.
SBI PO Cut-Off 2018:
- SBI PO 2018 Cut-Off will be declared by State Bank of India after the result of each phase has been declared. The cut-off for the preliminary phase of the examination will be declared after the result for the same has been declared. Similarly, the cut-off for SBI PO Mains Exam will be declared after the result for the same has been declared by State Bank of India.
To know the expected SBI PO 2018 Cut-Off, one must be aware of the Cut-Off for SBI PO 2017.
|Descriptive Type Test (English Language)(Evaluated only for those candidates who have qualified in each level of the Objective Test)||17.5||17.5||17.5||20||17.5||17.5||17.5|
|Minimum marks to be secured to be shortlisted for GE-cum Interview (Objective + Descriptive Test)||62.5||62.5||79.5||89.25||62.5||88.09||62.5|
|Total : GE + Interview||18||18||18||20||18||18||18|
|Total marks secured by last ranked selected candidate(Out to 100)||38.95||28.88||40.83||46.59||37.24||46.11||32.95|
Sectional Cut Off for SBI PO Prelims 2017:
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Reasoning Ability|
|Cut Off Marks (GEN)||10.25||8.75||6.50|
|Cut Off Marks (OBC/SC/ ST/PWD)||7.00||5.75||4.00|
SBI PO Prelims 2017 Cut off: