- Apple launches iPhone 6S, 6S Plus with which new Touch system on 9 September 2015
- Union Cabinet approved Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme to reduce dependence on physical gold.
- Cabinet hikes DA by 6% for government employees.
- Brij Raj Sharma appointed as Chief Secretary for the Jammu & Kashmir.
- Delhi’s AAP government launched its flagship scheme which allows students to avail education loans for the up to Rs 10 lakh.
- India’s growth recovery to remain modest at 7.5% in FY’16, a Citigroup inform says.
- Anirban Lahiri becomes 1st Indian golfer to qualify for President’s Cup.
- Chief Minister Jayalalithaa launched the ‘Amma baby care kits’ scheme which is aimed at catering to the needs for the infants & young mothers.