- Hashtag #HappyBdayPM has been used to celebrate the 65th Birthday of Indian Prime Minister on 17th September 2015.
- AAP government in Delhi asked the High court whether Lokayukta is going to be appointed till October 28.
- Present serotype of the Dengue has been declared less fatal than the one which epidemically grew in 2013 by Indian Medical Association, they also asked people not to get panicked.
- Nepal has finally got their new constitution after 7.6 years of efforts, which took lots of lives of the citizens.
Banking & Finance:
- Government endorsed declaration of a mandate for the second time to make arraignment simpler in line bob offenses by permitting documenting of situations where it is displayed for accepting installments.
- Indian Rupee got hike by 32 paise to 66.14 against the US dollar today.
- Recognizing the late unstable advancements in the worldwide markets, most strikingly China, and low expansion, Janet Yellen chose to keep US premium rates close to the zero bound. This result was broadly expected by the monetary markets as government trust fates were just expecting a 30 percent likelihood of a September liftoff.
- The Maharashtra government has requested a test into asserted money related fumble in the course of the most recent 15 years at 30 helpful banks in the state. The administration has additionally tried to settle obligation regarding the monetary misfortunes brought about by these banks.
- Apus Group and InMobi has made a bond for better endeavors in the Android market.
GK & World Affairs:
- Union Government banned Naga rebel group National Socialist Council of Nagaland- Khaplang (NSCN-K) for 5 years.
- Union cabinet approved the creation of 4 posts of directors for four new National Institutes of Design (NIDs) located at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Jorhat (Assam) and Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh).
- India and Cambodia have signed two Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) to boost bilateral cooperation in the field of Tourism and another related to umbrella projects under Mekong Ganga Cooperation initiative.
- Google has released an update of its Slides app on Android with a couple of useful features.
- Afghan refugee teacher Aqeela Asifi was awarded with the 2015 Nansen Refugee Award by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- Apus Group, one of the world’s biggest Android application development companies tied-up with the Indian mobile advertising network InMobi.
- 10 entities, including Ujjivan Financial Services and Equitas Holdings, got RBI’s approval to set up Small Finance Banks to provide basic banking services to small farmers and micro industries. Other entities to get the Reserve Bank’s nod are Au Financiers (Jaipur), Capital Local Area Bank (Jalandhar), Disha Microfin (Ahmedabad), ESAF Microfinance (Chennai), Janalakshmi Financial (Bengaluru), RGVN (North East) Microfinance (Guwahati), Suryoday Micro Finance (Mumbai) and Utkarsh Micro Finance (Varanasi).
- Railways shot putter Manpreet Kaur shattered an 18-year-old national record en route to a sixth title at the 55th National Open Athletics Championship at Kolkata.