- Ranking of India has fallen to 81 in the Global Innovation Index 2015 list as compared to that of 76 in the previous year.
- Krishna-Godavari Pavitra Sangamam ceremony was celebrated at Ibrahimpatnam, Vijaywada as the two rivers Krishna & Godavari were interlinked on 17th September 2015.
- Panchayati Raj Act, 2015 in Haryana has been stayed by the Supreme Court.
- Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML) Director, Mahesh Rangarajan has resigned from the post.
- India was ranked 34th in the list of 60 leading economies with respect to the Business Growth Environment.
Banking & Finance:
- List of 10 small finance banks that were given the license by Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- Capital Area Bank
- Disha Microfin Private Ltd.
- Equitas Holdings P Ltd.
- ESAF Microfinance and Investments Pvt. Ltd.
- Janalakshmi Financial Service Pvt. Ltd.
- RGVN (North East) Microfinance Ltd.
- Suryoday Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd.
- Ujjivan Finanical Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd.
- 150 Crore was awarded by the Andhra Pradesh Government to the Ola Cabs as they both made a partnership and also added 40,000 more cabs to the Ola Cabs Platform in the coming 3 years.
- The Union Minister of Finance Arun Jaitley dispatched the Headend In The Sky (HITS) advanced stage activity, under the brand name NXT DIGITAL advanced by Hinduja Group.
- Depicting the US’s choice Federal Reserve to keep up business as usual a ‘non-occasion’, NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya communicated the trust that RBI will trim interest rate by 0.5 for each penny in its approach audit later in the month.
- In the wake of succumbing to two straight weeks, India’s remote trade stores ascended by $2.35 billion in the week finished September 11 to $351.38 billion, information from the Reserve Bank of India indicated.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) representative Raghuram Rajan said on Friday the idea of a decent bank and terrible bank may not be applicable for India since a great part of the advantages backing the banks’ credits are reasonable or can be made practical.
GK & Finance:
- Water Policy has been declared for the first time in India by the Perumanna Grama Panchayat situated at Kozhikode, Kerala dated 18th
- Best Airport for National Tourism has been awarded by the President of India to Mana Airport i.e Swami Vivekananda Airport in Raipur.
- In the 55th National pen Athletic Championship, an Indian sprinter Dutee Chand has managed to win the Gold medal in the 100-metre race.
- The new miracle has happened and has been made possible by an Australian Scientist performing the unboiling the egg back by Colin Raton.
- Wadia Group-advanced nitty gritty aircraft GoAir has delegated Krishnan Balakrishnan as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Afghan evacuee educator Aqeela Asifi has won the 2015 United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nansen Refugee Award.
- Upwards of 15 MoUs with speculation capability of USD 590 million have been marked between Chinese Province Gunagdong and its sister state Gujarat crosswise over different divisions for shared collaboration in the China-India Economic and Trade Cooperation Conference 2015 held in Ahmedabad.
- Afghan exile instructor Aqeela Asifi was recompensed with the 2015 Nansen Refugee Award by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
- iRobot, the organization that spearheaded the self-governing house cleaning space, has quite recently outed another rendition of their famous house cleaning bot. What’s more, it’s currently furnished with another sense: sight.