- With the cooperation of Indian Railways, Google is going to provide Wi-Fi services at 500 stations by next year.
- Today, India joined the rank of elite countries who have its own space observatory after the successful launch of ASTROSAT, India’s first dedicated multi-wavelength space observatory. The other countries with their own space observatory are US, Japan, Russia and Europe.
- Today, while addressing the strong crowd of over 18,000 Indian-Americans at the SAP Center in San Jose, PM Narender Modi said that 21st century is India’s century. During the address, he also remembered the freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on his Birth Anniversary.
- Today, PM Narender Modi is also going to hold bilateral talks with US President Barack Obama, French President Francois Hollande and British PM David Cameron in New York.
- Government will be revising the entire pattern, age, syllabus and eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exams to provide equal opportunity to aspirants from different fields.
- The number of Indians who had died in the Haj stampede has risen to 35.
Banking and Finance
- Two regulators, FMC (Forward Markets Commission) and the capital market watchdog SEBI are going to merge tomorrow to create a unified regulatory body. FMC which is over 60 year old will merge with the younger SEBI, which was established in 1988.
- Rupee gains 14 paise against USD in early trade at 66.02.
GK and World Affairs
- During the football match in southeast Afghanistan on Sunday, a suicide attack killed at least 9 people and wounded more than 50 as per the Afghan officials.
- Indian actress Swara Bhaskar won the Best Actor Award at the Second Silk Road International Film Festival for the Hindi film, The New Classmate.
- On Sunday, Air India announced that it is going to launch a non-stop flight to San Francisco from December 2, 2015.
- A blast occurred in the speedboat of Maldives President Yameen Abdul Gayoom, while returning home after performing Haj in Saudi Arabia. He escaped unhurt from the blast.
- Today, the 70th UN General Assembly’s annual general debate is going to be held at UN with the participation of over 150 world leaders on the topics like sustainable development, climate change, refugee crisis, terrorism and tackling ISIS.
- A 3 member independent Emoluments Commission has been proposed by the ministry of parliamentary affairs to recommend salaries and other allowances for MPs.
- India, SriLanka are going to hold joint army exercise,”MITRA SHAKTI” tomorrow as per the officials.
Sports and Technology
- In the Asian Air Gun championship held in New Delhi on Sunday, Beijing Olympics champion Abhinav Bindra grabbed the gold in the men’s 10m Air Rifle event.
- The Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi will return to the field in less than 2 months. The internal collateral ligament of his left knee got torn on Saturday in Barcelona’s 2-1 win over Las Plmas.
- Pankaj Advani won the IBSF World Billiards Championship on Sunday.
- Cyber War – after the attack of Pakistani hackers on the official website of Kerala Government on Sunday, the Indian hackers also launched a counter attack and hacked nearly 250 enemy websites.