- No evidence has been found against the ex-PM Manmohan Singh in the infamous Coal Scam, CBI tells the court.
- After a man claimed that he heard some people planning blast at the Hotel Taj and city’s domestic and international airports, whole Mumbai city has been put on high alert.
- Clearing the rumors, government on Tuesday said that Ankit Fadia is not appointed as the brand ambassador of PM Narender Modi’s Digital India project.
- A PIL, asking for a ban on the practice of killing of animals in the name of religion has been refused by SC on Monday.
- During the wee hours of Tuesday, AAP MLA Somnath Bharti was arrested, after his surrender, in connection with the charges of attempt to murder and domestic violence on his wife.
- Center is going to release a stamp on his predecessor and leader of Ram Janmabhoomi movement Mahant Avaidyanath.
Banking and Finance
- Before the announcement of monetary policy Sen-sex plunged over 308n points in early trade.
- RBI governor announced revised rates today. RBI has cut the repo rate by 50 basis points to 6.75%, the lowest in 4 years. The reverse repo rate is 5.75% but there is no change in the Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) which is still 4%.
- In its announcement of the fourth bi-monthly monetary policy for current fiscal, RBI has also cut the real GDP growth to 7.4 per cent.
- With the rate cuts, loan rates are expected to go down.
GK and World Affairs
- A motorised boat carrying 250-300 people sank in Kolohi River in Kamrup district of Assam on Monday, killing at least 50 people as per the officials.
- India signed a deal with the American aviation giant Boeing and the US government of around $3 billion to purchase 22 Apache attack helicopters and 15 Chinook heavy-lift choppers.
- In the UN General Assembly on Monday, Chinese President Xi Jinping made a acommitment to contribute 8000 troops for a UN peacekeeping force.
- More than 100 of prisoners escaped from the main jail in Central African Republic’s capital on Monday amidst the violence in the city which has killed 30 people over three days.
- At the UN Peacekeeping Summit convened by the president Barack Obama, Modi and Sharif only exchanged a couple of waves and smiles across the table.
Sports and Technology
- In the Asian Air Gun Championship held in Delhi on Monday, India’s Ayonika Pauk grabbed the bronze medal.
- Apple will sell iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus in India from October 16.
- The social networking site Facebook went out of service for slightly less than an hour for the second time in a week on Monday.
- Scientists have found the evidence of water on Mars. As per sources, an undergraduate and not a scientist has spotted water on Mars.
- The trailers of a new documentary ‘Ronaldo’ based on the journey of the football star Cristiano Ronaldo from his childhood has been released on Monday.
- In the upcoming Ranji Trophy season, Harbhajan Singh is going to lead the Punjab Cricket Association squad while Yuvraj Singh has been named as the vice-captain of the team.
- Blackberry CEO John Chen demo company’s new Android Priv smartphone. As per the CEO, Priv means Privacy and Privilege.
- Sepp Blatter will remain as the president of FIFA until February 2016 even though criminal proceedings are going against him.