Banking & Finance:
- Banks could take an one-time hit of about Rs 20,000 crore on their benefits, when they begin taking after Reserve Bank of India’s new principles to figure base rate from next financial, says appraisals organization Crisil.
- Sri Lanka Central Bank has gotten 1.1 billion dollars from the Reserve Bank of India under the money swap understanding between the two store banks.
- Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company is acquiring so as to take a major wager a 10% stake in building and metals firm Electrotherm BSE 8.28 % India, which defaulted on Rs 3,200-crore credits.
- Trade union workers are on strike today against govt’s ‘anti-labour’ economic policies.
- As Governor Raghuram Rajan, known for his hawkish way to deal with swelling, finishes tumultuous two years at RBI today, calls for rate cuts have ended up shriller with the Finance Ministry raising alerts over a conceivable collapse evil spirit eating up the economy.
- The Indian rupee got hiked by 14 paise to 66.10 against US dollar in right on time exchange on crisp offering of the US cash by exporters and banks.
- Indian banks could see a fall of Rs 20,000 crore in benefits for 2016-17 once they receive the Reserve Bank of India’s proposed rule to utilize minimal expense of trusts to figure base rates, said rating office Crisil in a report.
- The Reserve Bank of India will in the blink of an eye put into course Rs 5 coins to honor brilliant celebration of Indo-Pak War 1965.
GK & World Updates:
- SAARC nations’ meeting on Disaster Mitigation starts in New Delhi.
- India, Australia consent to extend reciprocal Defense Partnership.
- Punjab Government builds up Special MGNREGA cell.
- Haryana Government wins Skoch Order-of-Merit National Award for executing e-governance, IT.
- Union Government crosses out enrollment of Greenpeace India.
- Islamic State activists in Syria have harmed the 2,000 year old Temple of Bel.
- After the worldwide monetary emergency of 2009, Canada, interestingly has fallen into recession. Nodal national measurable organization of Canada, Statistics Canada, has written about September 2 that its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) has pulled back at a yearly pace of 0.5 percent.
- Mercedes AMG C 63 S has been launched at the cost of 1.3 crore.
- Argentina managed to get first rank in the FIFA rankings.