- B K Manjunath appointed as non-executive chairman of Laxmi Vilas bank.
Canara Bank and the New India Assurance Company have entered into a corporate agency arrangement for distribution of insurance products.
India and Mohun Bagan striker Jeje Lalpekhlua received the All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) inaugural player of the year 2016 award.’
- Preet Kaur Gill 1st ikh to be elected to the British Parliament’s House of Commons. And Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi has become the first turban-wearing Sikh to be elected to the House of Commons.
- The Supreme Court has made AADHAR card mandatory for all Aadhaar holders to link it with the permanent account number (PAN) for filing of income tax returns.
- Government has awarded a Rs 1,600-crore contract for constructing 109-km road connecting Paletwa river, Kaladan multi-modal transport projects was the first major project undertaken by the Indian government in Myanmar.
- SATH-‘Sustainable Action for Transforming Human capital’ launched by NITI AYOG aims to will help in designing a robust roadmap, develop a program governance structure, establish monitoring and tracking mechanisms, and provide support to the state institutions to achieve the end objectives.
- World Laughter Day.
- Sasmita Malik was adjudged the 2016 AIFF Women’s player of the year.
- Facebook launched map for disaster relief and aid.
- KELT –Nb Hottest known planet in the Universe.
- Raja Chari, 12 of the astronaut choosen by NASA. He became the 3rd Indian origin to be made it to space.
- Mehrunnisa Dalai author and social activist passed away.
- Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi has become the first turban-wearing Sikh to be elected to the House of Commons.