- ‘’AAMMAKU VANDANAM’’ a programmed launched by chief minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, to pay tributes to mothers. The programme will be implemented on annual day of every academic year of the schools or decided by the school management committee. The students will do ‘’Pada Pooja‘’ to their mothers as a part of the celebration showing respect towards mothers and seeking their blessing. Along with motivational speeches on mother’s significance, contribution to family and children’s responsibility towards them, singing, dancing, and cultural programmes on the theme of mother will be organized. The programme influenced from an Indonesian school.
- Former union minister Akhilesh Gupta passed away. He was the president of Badminton Association of India (BAI).
- ‘’BRABO’’ an industrial articulated robot launched by, TAL manufacturing solution (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata motors) BRABO implement human workforce & perform repetitive, high volume, dangerous, and time consuming task from raw material handling to packaging of finished products. This 1st time in India an industrial robot conceptualizes designed and manufacture.
- ‘’URJA MITRA’’ an application, launched by union minister Piyush Goyal, the web portal (www.urjamitra.com) and mobile application android and ios version which will provide, real time information sharing on power supply, at any part of the country. Complaints can also be lodged on helpline number 1912.
- India & Georgia ink pact with, joint feasibility study on the free trade agreement between both countries. The objective of the study is to promote economic, trade & investment relation & creating favorable economic condition.
- Mahabaleshwara Mavinakudige appointed as new MD & CEO of Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Union govt approved MoU for establishment of the bay of Bengal Initiative for Multisectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Grid Interconnection. The MoU provides broad framework for members to cooperate towards implementation of inter grid connection for electricity trade to promote rational and optimal power transmission in BIMSTEC region.
BISMETIC- an international organization includes 7 countries viz. India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Thailand, and Myanmar.
- Gita Mittal appointed as the acting chief justice of Delhi high court.
- Cabinet approved setting up of Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IPEE) at Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The institute will have the govt structure mandate to grant degrees similar to IITs.
- ‘’THE HIT GIRL’’ autobiography of Asha Parekh launched by actor Salman Khan.
- ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India) won SCOPE AWARD for excellence and outstanding contribution to public sector management.