- ‘Project Jal Sanchay’, a water conservation model successfully adopted in Nalanda district of south-central Bihar has been chosen for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi national rural employment guarantee programme (MGNREGP) by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Poet, writer and lyricist C. Narayana Reddy has passed away.
- “Indira Gandhi – A life in Nature” was launched by Congress president Sonia Gandhi at Indira Gandhi Memorial. The book is authored by Jairam Ramesh.
- Spaniard Rafael Nadal has become the 1st tennis player to win 10 titles in any Grand Slam tournament in the Open Era at the French Open final in Paris.
- India’s Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhuwon gold medal at 10m air pistol event of the ISSF World Cup, beating Russia in the final in Gabala, Azerbaijan.
- Amit Sinha appointed as the Chief Operating Officer (COO)Paytm Mall.
- “Hill Area Development Programme” (HADP), launched by Dr Jitendra Singh, in Imphal, Manipur. The eye to address a meet of Investors and Entrepreneurs, organized by NEDF (North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd), with joint participation of the Union Ministry of DoNER and the Government of Manipur.
- Dr Sudam Kate received the prestigious “2017 Sickle Cell Advocate of the Year” award.The award is presented to the doctor for his “extraordinary work” in sickle cell screening and research.