- 1st space telescopeHard X-ray Modulation Telescope (HXMT) to observe black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts.
- Fifth Bhupen Hazarika National Award, 2017 has been conferred on eminent Assamese writer from Arunachal Pradesh Yeshe Dorjee Thongshi.
- Divya Dhayal wonthe bronze medal at the Archery World Cup, held at Antalya, Turkey.
- Neeru Chadhahas been elected as the first Indian woman member of the International Tribunal for the Law of the Sea (ITLOS), a top body which adjudicates cases related to the international law of the seas.
- The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has inaugurated a toll free helpline called‘MADADGAAR’ for the Kashmiris, whereby it shall be able to serve the citizens of the Valley located all over the country.
- Union Cabinet has approved the proposal to introduce a Financial Resolution and Deposit Insurance Bill, 2017 which will provide a comprehensive resolution framework for financial sector entities to deal with bankruptcy situation in banks, insurance companies, and other entities.
- China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has approved USD 150 million equity investment loan to the India Infrastructure Fund, the bank’s first such loan to fund private projects
- Former chief justice of India, P N Bhgawati passed away.
- David Grossman won the Man Booker International Prize for his novel “A Horse walks Into a Bar”.