- Allan Holdsworth died. A British guitarist & composer he is the innovator of electronic guitar.
- From May 14, petrol pumps of 8 states of nearly 20000 outlets will be closed on Sunday, T N, Kerala, Karnataka, Pondicherry, AP, Telangana, Maharashtra, Haryana.
- India is planning to hold major combat exercise, with Australia this year this year. The exercise will be done in Australia, and will include assets, manpower from Army, IAF, & Navy, 1st time India will deploy three service together for an exercise with a country.
- Hindi subject becomes compulsory for CBSE & KV, up to class X.
- UP govt renames;
A-Gorakhpur Air station=Mahayogi Gorakhnath Airport
B-Agra Airport= Pandit Deen Dayal upadhyay Airport
C-The dept. of disabled welfare = Divyang Jan Vikas Empowerment
- SC directed to exempt disabled persons from standing, while playing of the national anthem in theatres.
- Sagar Baheti becomes the 1st visually impaired Indian runner, to complete Boston Marathon.
- India ranks 43rd in global connectivity index (GCI).
- Cristiano ronaldo made history as 1st player to reach 100 champions leagues goal.
- Prof. A V Narasimha Murthy awarded Dr. Paduru Gururaja Bhat Award 2017. The award presented person for outstanding contribution in the field of history, archaeology, sociology and other social science.
- Phase Ι pipe line canal of the ambitious Saurshtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI),gujarat inaugurated by Pm Narendra Modi.
- RBI opened two new banking ombudsman offices in Jammu and Chhattisgarh.
- SBI crown ONGC (oil & Natural Gas Corporation) becomes most valued PSU stock, in terms of market capitalisation & intraday trade.
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte won time’s 100 reader polls, as most influential people in the world.
- Bank of Baroda agreement with EM3 Agri, for providing loans to farmers and rural entrepreneurs purchase of farm equipments and machinery.
- Maharashtra govt announced ‘’ADVANCED FARMING- ENRICHED FARMERS SCHEME’’, with a vision to increase farmers income, by cutting cost of production.
- BEML (Bharat Earth Movers Limited) a public sector undertaking of govt, received ‘’HINDUSTAN PSU AWARD’’ under ‘’FASTEST GROWING ORGANISATION-Miniratna’’ category.
- Mr. Hari Shankar Rout awarded 4th Shambhavi Puraskar.
- David Warner sets record batsman with the most fifties in IPL, captain of sunrises Hyderabad.
- Chris Gayle becomes 1st player to score 10000 in T20.
- 117 Year old Jamaican women Violet Brown becomes world’s oldest person.
- ISRO sign agreement with BHEL, for developing low cost lithium ion batteries, for electric vehicles.
- RBI inks with Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan, on ‘’ Supervisory Corporation & Exchange of Supervisory Information’’, for information sharing.