- Merger of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) with Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC), got approval from union govt.
- mAadhaar, a new app for syncing Aadhaar data on the mobile phone, has been launched by the UIDAI, which is the agency responsible for Aadhaar. The mAadhaar app is only available on Android for now.
- K. Advani received the Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions as a parliamentarian in the Lok Sabha.
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has dedicated to the nation the state’s longest bridge and named it after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.The 2.88 Km Bridge over the river Kathajodi will connect the state capital of Bhubaneswar with Cuttack reducing the distance between the two cities by 12 km.
- 7 Indian students have bagged two awards at thefirst global robotics Olympiad in the US where 157 countries participated.
- Google has launched ‘Hire’, a recruiting app for small- and medium-sized businesses that also integrates seamlessly with G Suite.
- TR Zeliang, appointed as Nagaland Chief Minister.