- Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) has launched a mobile application giving details about the availability of furnaces at city crematoriums
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University will soon resume its operations in 9 center abroad and start fresh enrollment of international students, 2 years after it had to withdraw the facilities across 84 countries due to legal complications.
- China successfully placed 20 micro satellites into space using its latest carrier rocket powered by pollution-free fuels, boosting the Communist giant’s competitiveness in the global satellite launch sector
- Jagmohan Dalmiya, President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), died on 20th September 2015.
- Shamim Hanfi, the famous Urdu scholar awarded with Jnangarima Manad Alankaran Award of Bharatiya Jnanpith on 20th September 2015.
- Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram’s dream run ends in disappointment at Korea final.
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) has bagged the Best Airport Award (under class X cities category) for 2013-14. The award, part of the National Tourism Awards (NTA) was presented by the President Pranab Mukherjee at a glittering ceremony held at Vigyan Bhavan.