- India & Portugal agreement, aim to promote cooperation in the field of archives.
- Ramamani Iyengar memorial yoga institute is the the 1st receipent of PM’s award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of yoga.
- Operation Swarn (‘gold’) has launched, the operation is aimed at improving the services in this premium (like Rajdhani and Shatabdi Express.
Under the initiative, Indian Railways will work towards improving 10 aspects, namely, punctuality, cleanliness, linen, coach interiors, toilets, catering, staff behaviour, security, entertainment, and housekeeping.
- Roll-Out Solar Array, or ROSA, flexible solar array, testing the effectiveness on space station for the very first time. (ROSA is an advanced, flexible solar array that rolls out like a tape measure.
- World Bank has approved a loan assistance of 44 million dollars for the Assam State Public Finance Institutional Reforms (ASPIRe) Project. The project aims at improving predictability and transparency in budget execution and efficiency in tax administration in Assam.
- government in Punjabhas announced free education for girls in all public institutions from nursery to PhD
- The 22nd Asian Athletics Championship is Asia’s biggest athletics event, being hosted by Bhubaneswar, the capital city of Odisha from July 6-9.
- Urban Development Secretary Rajiv Gauba has been named as the next Home Secretary to succeed Rajiv Mehrishi,
- Mumbai is themost expensive Indian city for expatriates and is ranked above major cities like Paris, Canberra, Seattle and Vienna, a report by consulting firm Mercer revealed. New Delhi was ranked 99.
- The Indian Navy’s first
indigenously built Floating Dock (FDN-2),developed by Larsen & Toubro Ltd. (L&T) has launched.
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Intel have announced a long-term technology partnership.
- Qatar Airways has claim the title of best carrier at the annual World Airline Awards at Skytrax awards in Paris.
- Oscars of the Aviation Industry”, AirAsia X has won the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline Premium Cabin and World’s Best Low-Cost Airline Premium Seat awards for the fifth straight year.
- UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Jayathma Wickramanayake of Sri Lanka as his next envoy on youth,
- china has unveiled world’s first train that runs on a virtual track making use of sensor technology instead of metal rails
- Veteran actor Amrit Pal has passed away after a prolonged illness.