- The Tamil Nadu govt announces ‘Amma Cement Scheme’, in this scheme govenmnet will precure the cement from private manufactures and sell at 190 INR per beg in the wake of possible increase in rates of the key construction component.
- Standard & Poor’s on Friday improved India’s outlook to stable from negative saying the new political formation at the Centre has the capacity to push reforms and put the country back on high growth trajectory
- Indian swimmer Sandeep Sejwal wins bronze medal in 50m breaststroke event of the Asian Games.
- Indian Shooters (Vijay Kumar, Tamang Pemba,Gurpreet Singh) bag silver in Men’s 25-metre Center Fire Pistol in Asian Games
- Ten scientists were felicitated with prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for their outstanding contributions to field of science and technology.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) sold its entire 5.2 per cent stake in Indian gas supplier Petronet LNG Ltd for Rs 714 crore ($116.8 million) via block deals.
- Maharashtra chief minister Prithviraj Chavan resigned today, a day after NCP broke its 15-year-old alliance with Congress in the state, reducing his government to a minority.
- India today announced USD 12 million contribution to the United Nations to help it fight the deadly Ebola virus in the African continent.