- According to Icra, India’s gross value added growth is likely to be at 6.6 percent in 2016-17 as economic activity will take more time to normalise following the government’s move to demonetise high-value notes.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the Foundation for a Rs 3,600-crore grand memorial for Shivaji Maharaj off the city coast.
- The government launched Lucky Grahak Yojana for Consumers and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana for Merchants in New Delhi.
- The Union Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has launched ‘Twitter Seva’ to directly engage with citizens in country and abroad, tourists and business travellers for speedy resolution of their visa and passport queries.
- The Union Government has launched ‘Smart Consumer’ mobile App and an ‘Online Consumer Mediation Centre (OCMC)’ to provide speedy redressal of consumer grievances.
- The government think tank NITI Aayog rolled out a ‘Performance on Health Outcomes’ index that will rank various States on the basis of their performance on measurable health indicators.
- According to the Japanese brokerage firm, Nomura, “The expected growth of India’s economy will be largely unchanged at 7.1 per cent in 2017, but to rise sharply to 7.7 per cent in 2018”.
- The Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank launches bank Sakhi scheme.