- Braj Bihari Kumar, has been appointed as chairman of ICSSR (Indian council of social science research).
- China plans to launch its own online encyclopaedia rivalling Wikipedia and Britain’s Encyclopaedia Britannica.
- Amol Palekar will be honor D Litt along with eminent Bengali singer Nirmala Mishra and author Shirshendu Mukhopadhyay by Rabindra Bharati University.
- First World Tuna Day on 2nd May 2017 declared by US, aims to conserve one of the globe’s most popular fish to be caught and eaten.
- The Black Prince has been awarded the Special Jury Remi Award at the 50th annual Worldfest-Houston International Film Festival. Starrer by Shabana Azmi.
- Reliance Corporate IT Park (RCITPL) inks with enterprise application software major SAP SE for the launch of SARAL GST solution for taxpayers. It will enable taxpayers to be GST compliant and smoothly access the government’s GST System.
- Vijayawada Airport declared as international airport by union govt.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved new central Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters (SAMPADA), objective of SAMPADA is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease agri-waste.
- Soon government will set up Rashtriya Swachata Kendra under Swachh Bharat Mission at Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti (GSDS) Rajghat, to mark the centenary year of the Champaran Satyagraha.
- The Union Cabinet gave approval to signing of MoU with Malaysia on development of a urea and ammonia manufacturing plant in the Southeast Asian country.
- Mallikarjun Kharge, appointed as new Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Parliament.
- President Pranab Mukherjee give way the 64th National Film Awards;
1-Akshay Kumar- got best actor Award for ‘Rustom’.
2-Surabhi- got best actress award for ‘Minnaminungu-The Firefly’.
- World’s highest railway bridge which will be 35 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower will set up over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir at a cost of around Rs. 1,100 crore in around two years from now. It will connect Bakkal (Katra) and Kauri (Srinagar).
- 2. Indian Army has successfully test advanced Block-III version of Brahmos cruise missile in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.