- Kasinathuni Viswanath awarded Dadasaheb Phalke Award (country’s highest award in cinema) at the 64th National Film Awards ceremony.He has directed around 50 films.
- Anyone found dumping electronic waste (e -waste) on the banks of river Ramganga in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh will be fined Rs. 1 lacs as environment compensation announced by NGT (national green tribunal).
- Surface to surface agni-II ballistic missile successfully test fired off at Orissa coast.
- Rajive Kaul awarded the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit Sungnye Medal of the Republic of Korea for his services rendered as honorary consul general of South Korea in Kolkata.
- Swachh Jungle ki kahani – Dadi ki Zubani’ book sets released by M. Venkaiah Naidu, with a vision to sensitizing and creating awareness amongst children and provide a fillip to the Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan. Books are published in 15 Indian languages.
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh topped in ranking of Indian cleanest city, in Swachh Survekshan-2017, among 434 cities. followed by Bhopal, Visakhapatnam, Surat, Mysore, Tiruchirapally, New Delhi Municipal Council, Navi Mumbai, Vadodara and Chandigarh.
- India’s National Football Team entered the top 100 of the FIFA national team rankings, 1st time in 21 years.
- Express WiFi service launched by Facebook, which offer public hotspots to users in rural parts of India.
- The union government has released draft rules for a ‘no-fly list’ for banning unruly passengers. The Ministry of Civil Aviation had set up a committee to come up with the final draft of the new set of rules.