- Montenegro officially joined North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and thereby became the 29 member country.
- World Ocean Day, World Brain Tumor Day.
- Axis Bank Ltd has announced biodegradable prepaid gift cards on the occasion of World Environment Day. The bank has become the 1st to introduce biodegradable cards in the country.The card has the look and feel of regular plastic cards and can be used in PoS terminals and ATMs. The cards are recyclable.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the agreement between Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) and Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM) for export credit of $9 billion for infrastructural development in India and for the supply of goods and services as part of projects in third countries.
- Union Government will appoint Nyaya Mitras across the country to expedite the cases pending for last 10 years in lower courts. Retired judges will be appointed as Nyaya Mitras.
- India is set to become a full member of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) during the two day Summit to be held at Astana, Kazakhstan from 8th June.
- Hoshiar Singh has been appointed as Registrar of Copyrights.
- world’s first hybrid‘aeroboat’ built by an Indo-Russian joint venture announced publicly start-ups event organized by Russia’s state-run Skolkovo Foundatio, which is is capable of traveling on land, water, snow, and sand.
- Union cabinet approved the IPO of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA), which is expected to enable the state-run entity to raise funds for clean energy projects.