Recruitment Process for the post of Probationary Officers in Scale I
Federal Bank, one of India’s leading private sector banks is on the lookout for young & experienced bankers to team up as Probationary Officers to spearhead its growth plans.
Eligible candidates are advised to apply online between 18.02.2017 and 28.02.2017 (both days inclusive) only through the Bank’s website www.federalbank.co.in, after carefully going through the instructions contained in this advertisement. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
- Important Dates
Opening Date of Online Registration Gateway 18.02.2017 Closing Date of Online Registration Gateway 28.02.2017 Online Aptitude Test date (tentative) 11.03.2017
- Scale of Pay and Other Emoluments
Candidate who joins the Bank as Probationary Officer in Scale I will be offered the following pay scale:
23700 – 980/7 – 30560 – 1145/2 – 32850 – 1310/7 – 42020
DA, HRA, CCA will be paid as per rules of the Bank in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting. Medical Aid, Hospitalization Scheme, Leave Fare Concession, retirement benefits and other perquisites will be admissible as per Bank’s rules.
The present Cost to Company (CTC) of a Probationary Officer [inclusive of all allowances & perquisites permissible] posted at Cochin is `8.04 Lakhs (approximately) on an annual basis and the approximate monthly take home pay is `43,000/- (approx).
3. Probation Period
Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of 2 years.
4. Eligibility Criteria (As on 01.01.2017)
Shall not exceed 28 years as on 01.01.2017 (candidates should be born on or after 01.01.1989).
(B) Work Experience
Candidate should have minimum 1 year experience in Clerical / Officer cadre in scheduled commercial / co-operative banks as on 01.01.2017.
- Educational Qualifications
- Candidates who completed Post Graduation in any discipline with minimum 55% marks, from any recognized university or other institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of U G C Act, 1956.
Candidates who completed Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks, from any recognized university or other institutions established by an Act of parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of U G C Act, 1956 (AND) should have passed CAIIB certification from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance.
- Candidate should possess the minimum educational qualification stipulated, as on 01.01.2017. The result of the qualifying examination should be awarded by the university/ institution on or before 01.01.2017.
- Graduation course or equivalent examination must entail a minimum of 3 years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent. Graduation in Agriculture/ Engineering means those who have passed a 10+2+4 year course. Graduation in Law means those who have passed 10+2+5 year course in law or degree in any subject + 3 year course in Law. Post Graduation must entail a minimum of 2 years of education after completing the Graduation course pursued.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be based on the practice followed by the University / Institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidates being awarded grades / CGPA instead of marks, equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the University / Institution from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University / Institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by the Bank by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- Year wise / semester wise mark sheet for each year / semester in respect of the qualifying examination from the concerned University should be available.
- Minimum percentage of marks prescribed for the qualifying examination is not allowed to be rounded off. For example : a candidate who secured only 59.99% of marks will not be permitted to appear for the campus process in case the minimum stipulated percentage is 60%.
The candidates shall be a citizen of India.
- Service Agreement
The selected candidate will be required to execute a Service Agreement upon joining the Bank undertaking to serve the Bank for 2 years against a sum of `50000/- in case the candidate leaves the Bank before completion of the service period.
- Mode of Selection
Selection will be based on Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview or any other mode of selection to be decided by the Bank. The process will be conducted in various centers depending upon the number of candidates. The Bank reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centers other than the one opted for by him, to advance/ postpone / reschedule the interview dates and/ or to add or delete or modify/ change the centre and venues and/ or cancel the selection process on account of technical or administrative exigencies or any other reason.
Only the short-listed candidates will be called for the second phase of selection process consisting of Group Discussion (GD) & Personal Interview (PI). The short-listing of the candidates will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the Aptitude Test.
The Bank reserves the right to call only the requisite number of candidates for GD & PI, after short-listing as aforesaid.
- Test pattern
The online aptitude test pattern for the recruitment of Probationary Officer consists of 5 sections as given below:
|Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Verbal Ability – English Language||35||
Composite Time of 90 Minutes for all the Tests Together
|Logical Aptitude – Reasoning||35||
|Quantitative – Numerical Ability||30||
|General, Socio-Economic & Banking Awareness||30||
|Marketing / Sales Aptitude||20||
There will be negative marks at the rate of 0.25 for wrong answers. The qualifying criteria will be decided by the Bank as per its selection / recruitment policy. Online Aptitude Test will be followed by a Psychometric Questionnaire for a maximum duration of 15 minutes.
- Venues for online aptitude test
The Bank will conduct the online aptitude test at the following centers:
The Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the centers and/ or add some other centers depending upon the response, administrative feasibility etc. The Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate any of the centers other than the one he/ she has opted for.
- Application Fee Details ( Non refundable)
|General / Other||
*Online transaction charges extra
- Application fees can only be paid online through the payment gateway, using a Master / Visa Debit or Credit card, Net Banking. On successful completion of the transaction through the payment gateway, the online application form will be generated with the payment details.
- The payment towards recruitment application fees can be made from 18.02.2017 onwards, and before 28.02.2017, i.e. the date of closure of online registration gateway.
- How to Apply
Eligible candidates have to apply online through the Bank’s website only. No other means / mode of application is acceptable. The application format should be filled in English only. Before registering their applications on the website, candidates should note / possess the following:
- Candidates are advised to keep the particulars of educational qualifications and other personal details ready before applying as these details are required to fill in the online application form.
- Candidates shall also keep scanned copies of their latest passport size photograph and signature ready for uploading while submitting the online application. Candidates shall comply with the specifications cited in the online application, with regard to the pixel resolution and size of the scanned images used.
- Candidate must possess a valid e-mail ID & mobile number which should be valid during currency of the recruitment process.
- Call letter can be downloaded from the Bank’s website prior to the date of online aptitude test. Bank may send communications with regard to the selection process & final interview to the registered e-mail ID / mobile number. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID / own mobile number, he/ she should create his/ her e-mail ID and mobile number before applying online.
- To submit applications online, log on to our Bank’s website federalbank.co.in, follow the link „Careers‟, and click “Apply Online” under “Recruitment process for the post of Probationary Officer” provided in the ‘Careers’ page. Read the eligibility criteria and ensure the instructions carefully, and fill in the relevant details as sought in the online application form. After filling up all details required in the application and uploading photograph & signature, click “Submit” available at the bottom of the online application for proceeding to the online payment gateway. Candidates shall make the necessary payments as applicable to register their application for the post of Probationary Officer.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications under Guidelines for photograph & signature scan & upload’ link provided in the Bank’s website.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘SUBMIT’ only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled are correct in all respects.
- After filling in all relevant details, click on ‘Submit’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Payment of Fees (Online Mode)
- The online application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets etc.
- After submitting the payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGES.
- On failure of payment, candidates are advised not to repeat the process of payment immediately. Instead a mail shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and only in case of a confirmation from the Bank’s side, shall a subsequent payment be made.
- Once the whole registration process is complete, a successful registration message will be displayed along with the Roll Number. Candidate shall note down the Roll Number and quote the same in all related communications. A copy of the Online Application Form will also be sent to the e-mail ID registered with us.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
Note: To ensure the security of data, candidates are advised to close the browser window once the transaction & the whole registration process is successfully completed.
- General Instructions
- Before filling in the online application form, the candidate must ensure that he/ she fulfills all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications etc. and that the particulars furnished in the application form are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria, and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is/are detected even after the appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated.
- Decision of the Bank in all matters regarding eligibility of the candidate, the stages at which such scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, the documents to be produced at the time of aptitude test, group discussion, interview, selection etc. and any other matter relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidates. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Bank in this regard.
- The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standard, etc., in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test and interview commensurate with the number of vacancies.
- Eligible candidates have to appear for the selection process/ interview at their own expense at the venue and date notified by the Bank.
- An application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the application fee once paid will NOT BE refunded on any account nor would be held in reserve for any future examination or selection. The application fee shall also NOT BE refunded in case the application is rejected / not considered by Federal Bank.
- The candidates should bring the following documents while coming for the Aptitude Test- Online Application form, Call letter and valid ID proof.
- Valid proof of identity such as Aadhar Card / PAN card / Passport / Voter I D Card / Driving License / Permanent Identity card issued by the present employer or any other valid proof of identification with a photograph should be produced at the time of selection process/ interview to be conducted by the Bank.
- Candidates are advised not to change their appearance till the recruitment process is complete.
- Request for change of address / change of centre for selection process/ interview shall not be entertained.
- The Bank has the right to reject any application/ candidature at any stage without assigning any reason and the decision of the Bank shall be final.
- Appointments of selected candidates will be subject to his / her being declared medically fit by the Bank Medical Officer, satisfactory report about his / her character and antecedents by the Police Authorities, satisfactory references from respectable referees, verification of caste / tribe certificate (for reserved category candidates only) and completion of all other pre recruitment formalities to the complete satisfaction of the Bank. Further, such appointment shall also be subject to Service and Conduct Rules of the Bank.
- The Bank takes no responsibility for any delay in submission of online applications or communication. Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit on line applications well before the last date.
- The access to the Bank’s website could be delayed towards the closing date for submitting the online registration due to heavy internet traffic. So the candidates are advised to avoid last minute rush and make use of the time span available for submitting the applications online. Candidates in their own interest are advised to submit online applications well before the last date.
- For any clarifications candidates may contact at email@example.com
Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.